Loving God Truly
If anyone imagines that he has come to know and understand much [of divine things, without love], he does not yet perceive and recognize and understand as strongly and clearly, nor has he become as intimately acquainted with anything as he ought or as is necessary.
But if one loves God truly [with affectionate reverence, prompt obedience, and grateful recognition of His blessing], he is known by God [recognized as worthy of His intimacy and love, and he is owned by Him].
1 Corinthians 8:2-3 Amp.
Loving God is a daily task we must embark on. To love God is to see Him as He truly is and woo Him with all we are and all we have.
Kindly read the above scriptures again. We have unfortunately a lot of believers who know plenty religious stuff in their heads and have become puffed up.
It is the genuine love of God and the love for God that significantly separates us from the world.
How do we express our love towards God?
- Tell him in prayers, praise and worship through songs and hymns. Express your love for Him by saying it.
- Obedience to His Word. Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandments. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- Sacrificial giving to His kingdom projects. Solomon showed how much he loved the Lord by his giving.
- Honor God’s name. Acknowledge Him in your life.
- Love yourself and others as we are His workmanship
- Do works of kindness to others in honour of God’s name.
- Practice forgiveness and compassion.
- Resist sin and evil. Speak against wrongdoing.
Remember, we love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19. Loving God is a rare and awesome privilege. Let’s go forth today and let the Father see your love for Him expressed. God be with you. Shalom!.